This is something to be extremely proud of. That is, Timmins Majors of the Great North Under 18 Hockey League can confirm that they are one of few teams in Canada in their age group that are made up of more than 50 per cent of players who are of Indigenous — First Nation and Metis — descent.
Following is a list of Indigenous players on the roster of the U18 Majors.
• Brayden Westberry from Taykwa Tagamou Nation
• Brody Vachon “C” from Batchewana First Nation
• Cameron Sutherland from Moose Cree First Nation
• Devin Cheena from Moose Cree First Nation
• Eric Innes from Moose Cree First Nation
• Jordan McLeod from Moose Cree First Nation
• Shawn Gagnon from Moose Cree First Nation
• Tyson Scott from Moose Cree First Nation
• Colton Lane from Chapleau Cree First Nation
• Thomas Beard from Bonnechere Algonquin First Nation
• Calvin Collins from Matachewan First Nation
Indigenous players on the Timmins Majors, in photo above, with head coach Steve Polyblank, general manager Ron Holmes and equipment manager Randy Beard.